Why become a member? ×

warwick fortress one 1995 preamp opb 3

Bassmachine

Have you got a problem with the MEC, or do you just not like it? I put an OBP-2SK in my old BB414 and it worked a treat, although I still didn't like the pickups. The OBP preamps are nice and easy to install.

Glockenklang are always worth consideration IMHO. Great quality and pretty cheap from Thomann.

Edited by TRBboy

it's 4 knobs aye? and currently a 2 band? do you have active or passive MEC pups?
and at that age it probably looks like a little black lego brick with a white bottom? or does it look more like a circuit board? If it's the brick type then it possibly has a output micro pot on it in the white bit. try turning this up if it does.

what do you mean by 'low output'? I'm going to guess you mean what it says, that the output is low and you are having to crank the gain on your amp to compensate.
A few problem solving measures....
Is the battery reasonably new?
first pull the volume- does the signal improve?
do you have active/passive inputs on your amp? try it in the passive one- this might be enough- expect a louder signal and a slight difference in the mids.

I tried the 2 band glock in my streamer... and thought the warwick 2 band suited the bass for better. IMO of course
[quote name='Bassmachine' timestamp='1334419521' post='1616013'] Yes I have heard fir Glockenklang Preamps ....I ll check them ...the MEC I don't know but it have very low output and I believe it's the preamp but also I want To put and middle eq on Warwick without to make any more holes on the instrument [/quote]

Hi,
If you have passive(Dynamic Correction)pickups then these are low on output in the Fortress for some reason.I swaped mine for EMGs with an OBP 3 and other guys on the Warwick forum have swaped their pickups out too with good results.