Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot query??!!

highwayone

Hi[size=4] all, just bought a Trace Elliot GP7SM200 combo(arriving today) and wondered if anyone on here has one/had one or know a bit about them? I can't find anything on them and was wondering if I can couple it up to a cab and if so what ohms etc? I am a drummer of 25 years and a bassist of 6 months! so not used to anything with a plug! I guess the 200w is RMS?? Your help would be much appreciated cheers.[/size]

Trace always quote in RMS, not peak. Think you can add an extension. I would go for the Trace 15" cab if I were adding anything to that, but I played quite a lot on just the 4x10 cab. Lots of sound, cleaner than the 15" in my experience, and much better up high. I never quite got on with the single 15" cab.

[quote name='Bobzilla' timestamp='1334053040' post='1610053']
Trace always quote in RMS, not peak. Think you can add an extension. I would go for the Trace 15" cab if I were adding anything to that, but I played quite a lot on just the 4x10 cab. Lots of sound, cleaner than the 15" in my experience, and much better up high. I never quite got on with the single 15" cab.
[/quote]
Thanks for this, selling an Ashdown with a 15" speaker cos of that very reason!

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' timestamp='1334132151' post='1611194']
Someone just sold one on here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/28558-trace-elliot-gp7sm200-1153-rig-sold-pending/"]http://basschat.co.u...g-sold-pending/[/url]

Might want to speak to them about it.
[/quote]
pm'd them but no reply as of yet

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1334054623' post='1610099']
Speak to Paul Stevens at TE - really nice fella and I found him to be helpful with the queries I had.

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[/quote]
Cheers for this. Emailed Paul and he replied immediately with everything from what my amp is, how old to what I can get out of it!! And Paul if you read this I did say i would big you up! So....[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#ff0000][size=6]Paul Stevens [/size][/color][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]at [size=6][font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#ff0000]Trace Elliot [/color][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]is a top bloke and if you have a TE query is the man in the know! ;) And Trace Elliot gear rocks!!!! Is that ok Paul????[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]

Always been my amp of choice - I've tried some other rigs but always find myself coming back to Trace Elliot. Great for all styles of music, reliable and a great sound too - especially the early stuff. When they first came out they knocked spots off anything on the market IMO. The only other amp I'd consider would be an Ampeg SVT of some description.