Why become a member? ×

Scale positions - Diagrams

Chambo

I don't wish to mock, but I can't really see in what this could be useful. It seems to be similar to using 'Painting by Numbers' to learn water-colour landscape art. Do sax players, or trombonists, have these 'aids'..? I don't think so; they just get stuck in and learn to 'hear' which note is which.
If one is really at the point of becoming interested in scales, modes and such (no bad thing, and to be encouraged...) I would suggest that the standard, classic pedagogic methods are tried, tested, and found to be effective enough, without needing to paint the fretboard.
Just my tuppence worth (OK, as a confirmed old codger, I admit; not proud of it, but facts is facts...).
Hope this helps (..?)

Think you misunderstood what I was looking for, it was the scale positions on the entire fretboard with notes written on.

For me this is great as I can transfer what I know already and just think ah!, that's where the 5th is, or I can drop a blues note in there etc. I found this a nice way to to see the 5 positions of the scale and the notes in the scale and you can work on stuff with out having the bass to noodle about on.

Maybe this was the wrong place to ask.

[quote name='Chambo' timestamp='1333882246' post='1607653']
Maybe this was the wrong place to ask.
[/quote]

You're definitely in the right place! :)
Someone with the information you need will be along in due course, I'm quite sure!

Lots of info here too, if you haven't looked already:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/74284-the-majors-bass-boot-camp-session-index-1-36/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/74284-the-majors-bass-boot-camp-session-index-1-36/[/url]

Edited by discreet