Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Zoom B2 question.

Benplaysbass

I've had my Zoom B2.1ut for a while but never really used it properly. Have any users got any pearls of wisdom on this pedal, how to get it sounding similar through the amp as it does through the headphones. I appreciate I'm getting stereo through my headphones but something seems to get lost when I got into the amp.

I've tried it in front of the amp and also through the send and return, is it a case of play with it until I get it sounding right?

Thanks.

The more you tinker with it the more you will get out of it , I find it surprisingly versatile especially when you start to get a feel for the effects that you can dial in. I have been using it for a few years now and would be a bit lost without it. I play it straight through into an amp (with DI coming out of the pedal if needed ) , don't often use 'phones so concentrate on the sound through the cabs .

I guess it is just playing around with it, I tried turning the master gain down(which then resets when you turn it off) and that has made a difference. I have found that the znr noise reduction bit doesn't like being too high as my bass gets it to make a clicking type sound. I've also switched the compressor off on most patches.

I've just picked one of these up second hand and I'm really impressed. I've had a number of multi effects but always got rid of 'em fairly quickly, but this ones a keeper. For a start, you don't need a degree in electronics to use it! I'm still playing with mine, but with a bit of tweaking, I'm getting some nice noises out of it. As it's on my board, I'm knocking out the compression on the patches as I've got a separate pedal for that and that's cut the noise down.
Perseverance is the key. This is a lovely little box that punches well above its weight.

Edited by rushbo