Why become a member? ×

Hello folks - real newbie here !

agroupuk

Hi,

I found this forum kinda by accident whilst searching for reviews on gig bags (I think)

Anyway, I am real new to bass guitar. I decided I should get off my computer a bit more and learn something interesting.
Most of my mates either play guitar or drums well or semi pro (i.e. bands) one of which is a younger brother of John Sykes [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sykes"]Wiki for John Sykes[/url]
None of them play Bass tho.

I went out last month and bought an Aria STG-003 guitar and little watson practice amp. I tried and tried but I just didnt like it... guitar that is.

Always in the back of my mind was "Flea is cool... what about bass?" All my mates were saying 'buy a guitar and learn that THEN you can play bass!' but I wasnt to be stopped :)

I went out last week and bought an Ibanez BTB07LTD and an Ashdown Perfect 10 amp.

I am really enjoying it! Now I need to sell the guitar to buy more bass stuff lol

Lessons (hopefully) will start at Crossroads Guitar Academy in Fleetwood sometime next month because the owner is off gigging in the USA next week for a while. I am on hold right now just pratting around with the bass not really knowing what I am doing. But its fun none the less.

Thats my nice lengthy intro out the way !

Thanks for reading (any help apreciated)

Edd

Apic of my gear attached (apologies for the size!)