Why become a member? ×

40th Anniversary Strat 1954 Ltd signed by Peter Green

Up for sale is my Fender Stratocaster 40th anniversary made in the USA in 1994 very rare and collectable only 1954 made, this one is numbr 1514 and I am the only owner its had.
It has all the little details you'd want to find in a 50's Stratocaster: a beautifully grained ash body with a 2-tone Nitro cellulose sunburst; all maple nitro finished neck with Kluson tuners and "spaghetti" headstock logo, single ply white pickguard loaded with vintage voiced, staggered pole alnico pickups, the bridge pickup has an easily removeable Lindy Fralin bassplate for extra twang and bite; vintage 6 screw bridge with stamped steel saddles; 3-way selector switch; wide spaced 12th fret markers.It has the killer looks of a real '54 Strat!
The guitar is numbered on the back of the headstock " 1514"of 1954" and the back trem cover is engraved with "1954", the neck plate is specially engraved.
The pickguard is signed by the legendary Peter Green, he complimented me on the guitar and strummed a few chords on it which I like to think gives it a bit more mojo!
Its in pristine condition with no playing wear or scratches, it's never been gigged and has only been out of the (smoke free) house a few times. It was played fairly regularly at one time but now sees little use.
The guitar comes with its 2 original cases,one black ABS modern style with an Anniversary badge, and 1 vintage style brown form fit case with red lining.
All the original case candy is still bagged up and present, the leather strap, lead, hang tags, trem arm with the little blue spring,and as well as the usual booklets there is a reproduction of the original 1954 catalogue and dealer letter.
If you want the guitar but don't want the Peter Green signature on it (which I think will only add to its value) I will get a proper Fender pickguard fitted.
I have seen two others for sale recently which are neither as complete nor well looked after as this one so I am asking £1250 for it which is very fair
Here are links to the others

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-Fender-40th-Anniversary-Stratocaster-Ltd-Edition-/290593950963?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a8bfccf3"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-Fender-40th-Anniversary-Stratocaster-Ltd-Edition-/290593950963?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a8bfccf3[/url]

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Stratocaster-40th-Anniversary-1994-1954-Ltd-ed-US-Only-1-954-Made-/320879872534?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4ab5ee4a16"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Stratocaster-40th-Anniversary-1994-1954-Ltd-ed-US-Only-1-954-Made-/320879872534?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4ab5ee4a16[/url]

I would prefer it to be collected in person, but if the buyer is commited I am willing to arrange to meet halfway

[attachment=103984:Picture 550.jpg]
[attachment=103985:Picture 551.jpg]
[attachment=103986:Picture 552.jpg]
[attachment=103987:Picture 553.jpg]
[attachment=103988:Picture 554.jpg]
[attachment=103989:Picture 555.jpg]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Yes I have modded it with a Jensen speaker an essential as far as I am concerned it really opens up the amp however I am going to carry out another mod as it eats input valves - reckon the output is running too hot and whilst I am doing this I think I may add a valve driven effects loop. Will let you know how I get on

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Blues Junior and found it really harsh and brittle, even with GT valves in it. Speaker or electronics? I dunno. Flogged it and got a Bassman with the valve recifier. Much better tone!

Edited by Stacker