Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Battery Powered Bass Amp?

MoJoKe

Heeelp! I need a battery powered amp...

I have been asked to do a "one off" outdoor gig on 19th May in Devon, miles from mains power so I need some amplification I can use in the woods!

Is there anyone out there who has something they can lend/hire me, or does anyone know where I can (very cheaply as it'll probably only get used once!) buy such a thing?

Many thanks!

[quote name='vsmith1' timestamp='1333211373' post='1598816']
Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) just to hire a small generator?
[/quote]

Oh, now thats what I like... lateral thinking... That could work, though its a "quiet music in the background" forest wedding, so not sure if that could be silenced adequately... I'll check with the organisers. On the same basis, If we could get a car close enough I suppose we could also use a power inverter and leave the engine running, though not sure I would be happy to trust the output to be constant enough not to damage my markbass amp?

Somethink LIKE this. Run a small amp from a car / car battery. You can get inverters pretty easily, Maplins do a good one.. I keep one in the car for charging my drill or for my mains soldering iron. cheap and still useful afterwards.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300W-12V-DC-AC-220V-Car-Power-Inverter-USB-Adapter-/310315137996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4840393bcc"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300W-12V-DC-AC-220V-Car-Power-Inverter-USB-Adapter-/310315137996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4840393bcc[/url]