Why become a member? ×

Status/Fender Fretless PJ bass - SOLD SOLD SOLD!

BigBassBob

Hi guys, I have a new addition to the stable incoming so I figured I'd trim it down while I'm at it.

This is a Status/Fender Fretless Precision bass:

The neck was made by Status earlier this year. It has a very comfortable P-bass profile with an unlined fingerboard. The machineheads are Gotoh and the string retainer is a Hipshot 3-way.There are some surface scratches on the neck but I've found that most of these sort of marks wipe off easily enough. Essentially the neck itself is mint.

The body came from my very first bass; a MIJ Fender 62 Precision bass (built mid-late 90s.) The bridge is a Leo Quan Badass II, the body was routed by a local luthier for the jazz pickup. The pickguard is an aftermarket one that fits well although the original mint-green one will be included too. There are a few dings and tiny chips here and there on the body (I've tried to capture them in the photo above) but they're hardly noticeable.

The pickups are a Nordstrand PJse set (SE jazz pickup at bridge which is hum-cancelling.)

It plays well with low action and is currently setup for DR Sunbeams (40-100).

I haven't taken pictures but I'll also include an old (and pretty worn) Coffin hardcase or a Fender softcase.

I'm currently asking for £465 collected. I can arrange a courier at an extra cost and I would be willing to entertain the idea of meeting up in person at a half-way point.

Cheers,
Bob.

Edited by BigBassBob

Selling the Stingray has brought me down to 6 - But i'm still trying to offload my Fender/Allparts Jazz as my target is 5 also ;)

Forgot to say in my original post that that is an astonishing price for what you're getting. A LOT of bass for the money there folks.

Good luck with the sale (although it doesn't look like you'll need it!)

Cheers Higgie, I've a feeling its new owner is going to be pleased :)

I think I undervalued it more than I initially thought but I'm a man of my word... I'd rather know the instrument is fulfilling its purpose and being loved instead of making as much off the sale as I can.