Why become a member? ×

Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 - £300 collected (North Bristol)

I'm selling my DSL 100 head - it's a bit tatty (scuffs in tolex, the black grill on the front face of the amp has come loose) but does the job (sounds great!). Revalved and biased recently.

There is an issue with the 16ohm speaker output, I'm led to believe this is fairly common and can be caused by a ground wire coming loose - I havent the time to sort it so I've priced the amp accordingly. I used the amp a few weeks ago when my AC30 was out of action, and the normal 4/8ohm outputs work fine. It sounds really great, I'm loathe to sell it for this money but can't justify having two amps.

Pics:

[attachment=103575:2012-03-23_01.31.31.jpg]

[attachment=103576:2012-03-23_01.31.44.jpg]

[attachment=103577:2012-03-23_01.32.13.jpg]

Edited by Wil

Great amp this - used to have the TSL which had the same clean and lead channels - this is the definitive Marshall sound as far as I'm concerned and one of the best lead sounds available.

I believe Jeff Beck uses the DSL. Also check out this month's 'Guitar Buyer' magazine if you like the Iron Maiden sound - they've done a feature on Adrian Smith and identified the DSL as the driving force behind his rig...

Have a bump on me :)

Great amp. Great great great amp! Can't believe this hasn't sold.
Had the pleasure of playing (borrowing) this a lot last year and I'm gutted I won't be using it this year as I really want to get my hands on a decent combo.

Note: it's the 16ohm channel that doesn't work, or at least we couldn't get it to run through a 16ohm cab. Other channels (4 and 8 ohm) work fine and sound amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...