Why become a member? ×

Crown XS 500 power amp.

skelf

Hi
This power amp is brand new been used for about an hour in total.
Not what I need as it is to powerful to heavy and the fans are intrusive at the volume I use it at just a bit of a mistake for my needs.
Includes an equally new Gator 4 unit rack case.
I am looking for £200 plus delivery.

Alan

Spec
Features:

Housed in a rugged, all-steel 2U chassis.
Efficient forced-air fan prevents excessive thermal buildup.
2-channel models have XLR-1/4"combo and Phoenix-style input connectors, daisy chain XLR outputs, touch-proof binding post outputs and Speakon outputs.
Microprocessor-controlled protection system.
Lightweight design.
Three Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications.
Output Power: Xs500

2-ohm Dual (per ch.) 750W**
4-ohm Dual (per ch.) 500W
8-ohm Dual (per ch.) 400W
4-ohm Bridge 1,450W
8-ohm Bridge 1,600W**
Maximum Average Power at 1 kHz with 0.15% THD * at 0.5% THD

Edited by skelf

[quote name='casapete' post='175173' date='Apr 12 2008, 02:02 PM']Think the 'bridge' outputs may be wrong way round - should be 1450w @ 8 ohms and 1600w@4.
Good luck with your sale - I've used these amps and they are great for the money.[/quote]

Now that you mention it they could well be I just copied the whole spec from the site I got it from.
Alan

Hi just a question or two if thats OK?

Can you give me a rough ballpark on weight, I have searched for the spec but it doesnt give it. Also HOW instrusive are the fans? I know its hard to say because everyone's ears are different but say practicing at home, is it annoying? Its not a major concern but just interested.

Many thanks,

Nathan

According to the manual it is 28 lb 14 oz.
At low volume you will certainly notice them and I found them slightly annoying but I was working at very low volume. The amp was a bit of a mistake totally overboard for my intended use hence very little use and only a few weeks old.
Alan

• 2 weeks later...