Why become a member? ×

Hello from Barnsley

leftyyorky

Hello everyone from sunny Barnsley, I am a bass player in my early 50s although not active in a band at moment due to work commitments. I have had a good look at the site over the last couple of days and decided to take the plunge to help represent the great county of yorkshire and left handed bass players .
My current gear is as follows;
Dean Edge 5 bass with fret fx side led's
Yamaha bb1100s (bought years ago s/h, fantastic bass)
Squire VM jazz bass, Maple (absolute bargain superb bass)
Cheapo Encore P bass Defretted for "experimentation"
Ashdown ABM 500 evo II combo (loud!)
Ashdown pedalboard with various bits and bobs
Digitech BP200
Digitech GNX guitar multi effects
Vintage SG guitar (promise I won't mention this again!
Hohner 12 string acoustic ditto
Looking forward to some interesting times on the site
Cheers,
Steve

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1332107172' post='1583478']
Hey matey! Welcome from one Lefty to another. Enjoy the forum.

Don't know if you're up for it but we're having a Lefty Bass Bash just outside Warwick in a couple of weeks. Check out the details in the 'Events' subforum. Love to see you there.
[/quote]Thanks for the welcome buddy, nice to hear from a fellow lefty! Would have loved to go to lefty bassbash but work and home commitments don't allow. I'm sure you will all have a great time and see some great basses (and players!) and I hope to read some feedback.
Have a GREAT time mate!
Steve

Thanks for the welcome everyone, and Simon, I've just noticed that you've got a Ric! its my dream bass! but leftys are as rare as rocking horse s"!t and very expensive if you do find one. As I am on sabbatical at the moment it would be difficult to justify the expense, if indeed I could afford one! Hope you are enjoying that fine bass.I'm not jealous honest!

Yes, there seems to be more of us about that you would think! Have a Tokai Jazz in sunburst with a tort pick guard and a rosewood board, and have just had a Shuker Jazz built, that is fantastic. Black and tort, rosewood board, S1 switch, Hipshot bridge and Tuners. No Rics though, have to say they don't really do it for me looks wise, but have never played one so should probably reserve judgement.
Dave.