Why become a member? ×

Musicman sub 4 string SOLD

Davetbass

Selling on a musicman sub 4 string bass I received in a trade recently as I need the money to fund another purchase. Here's the story....

When I got the bass it had a broken tuning peg, had a horrible rattle somewhere and the neck had been badly refinished at some point. I got a local luthier to strip the neck back and oil it like the stingray necks on more expensive models. He fixed the tuner, located and repaired the rattle, gave it a fret dress/polish and gave it a full set up with ernieball strings. The result is a great sounding and very playable bass :) Scratch plate was removed before I got it.

Serial number is 000154 which could make it an early one but I dont know exactly when it was made.

Asking £300 + postage.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by Davetbass

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1332103506' post='1583408']
Beauty.
I waited nearly a year to find a white one... then saw three in a very short amount of time! Typical!

I love my white SUB. And the price is extremely reasonable. Have an admiring bump on me!
[/quote]

They were in the same pub last Tuesday!! You were on before me at Binkies last week. Loved the Rage stuff and your sub sounded great. Had this one with me to give it a try out with the covers. Handled it well but not quite as versatile as my Sandberg.

[quote name='Davetbass' timestamp='1332105037' post='1583429']
They were in the same pub last Tuesday!! You were on before me at Binkies last week. Loved the Rage stuff and your sub sounded great. Had this one with me to give it a try out with the covers. Handled it well but not quite as versatile as my Sandberg.
[/quote]

Seriously!!!??? :o :lol:
How could I miss that!!!???
Ah, yes, that was on a weekday, wasn't it? I didn't stay after our set was done. I was DEAD that night and only managed to go through our set thanks to some strong coffee which only managed to make me look like a person who was awake until I got home and fell on my bed :lol:
Ah, you should have come up and said hi!

I was using my Stingray (on my avatar) for most things, RATM stuff included, but the SUB has taken over. That was the first time I gigged it, when you saw me. I liked it. Last night I had another gig at Voodoo Rooms, again with the RATM band, longer set this time and my own rig etc... and it just keeps making me smile.

Now that I know you are in Edinburgh I have to keep telling myself "I do not need another bass, I do not need another bass, no, not even another white SUB, I do NOT need another!" That would be too greedy :lol: