Why become a member? ×

George Harrison

essexbasscat

Oh, that was entertaining. A really nice reminder of George's capacity for melodic composition, as well as his humanity.

The world would certainly be no worse off if there were more like him.

FF - is that a Sellars / ying tong yiddle I Po gag ?

Edited by essexbasscat

[quote name='essexbasscat' timestamp='1331981201' post='1581620']
FF - is that a Sellars / ying tong yiddle I Po gag ?
[/quote]

No, it was a reference to the story that George Martin told about one of the first times that he had been recording 'the boys' and the fact that he hadn't really 'teken' to them at the time. Anyway, after the session he invited them all into the control room to listen to what he had been doing and he said to them them that if there was anything that they didn't like, they just had to tell him and he'd change it.

Harrison was the first to speak and said "Well I don't like your tie for a start" :lol:

GM said that was the point at which he started to warm to them.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1332013185' post='1582166']
No, it was a reference to the story that George Martin told about one of the first times that he had been recording 'the boys' and the fact that he hadn't really 'teken' to them at the time. Anyway, after the session he invited them all into the control room to listen to what he had been doing and he said to them them that if there was anything that they didn't like, they just had to tell him and he'd change it.

Harrison was the first to speak and said "Well I don't like your tie for a start" :lol:

GM said that was the point at which he started to warm to them.
[/quote]

And the rock star was born .... :D