Why become a member? ×

SOLD upgraded Yamaha RBX270 Fretless

ead

Hi all. I have decided to take the plunge and go for an unlined fretless bass and so the lined fretless has to go. This is a condition imposed by she-who-must-be-obeyed and is apparently non-negotiable :(

About the bass: It started life as a standard RBX270 fretless. I bought it on evilbay about 4 years ago to introduce myself to the concept of fretless playing. The previous owner had been using round-wounds and there were a few light marks on the surface of the fingerboard that manchesterguitartech (Steve) sorted out for me beautifully. The body is in great condition, it's a nice lightweight bass and the neck is slim and nice to play (imo obviously!).

Having really got into f/l playing (without necessarily being brilliant at it) I opted to make some upgrades as follows:

[b]Pickups [/b]- Now Seymour Duncan Vintage style P/Js (it was P/J before so no routing required)
[b]Bridge[/b] - Wilkinson heavy duty to replace the BBOT item
[b]Strings [/b]- D'Addario flatwounds (about 12 months old now)
[b]Electrics[/b] - Rewired to volume/volume/tone like a Jazz bass (was volume/balance/tone); a new good quality jack socket and nice new metal knurled knobs replacing the cheapo plastic items fitted

Edited by ead