Why become a member? ×

MTD435-24 for sale 2250€ / 1880£

leloupa

Goodafternoon,
After playing it for 4 hours intotal over the last half year, i decided to let her go. I bought it when i sold my 5 string MTD535's because i quitted playing in a band.
At the moment i've lost every intrest in playing bass and i'm saving to spend some money in the house.
I'll let the picture's which i will be posting saturday evening do the work.

It's a 'traditional' sounding instrument with a maple neck and rosewood board with some options incl 24 frets.
Playability is awesome, cant say anything bad about it.. Its an exclusive instrument from a legendary maker who builds the best basses in the world.
I made a list an half hour ago and being 41 years old at the moment i found out that i bought (and sold) around 50 basses before i found the american MTD holy-grail.

I think the price is very good and you wont find another used 435 in the world at the moment.
Very light and resonant, alder body, myrtle burl top (thats why its impossible to capture its collour. the instrument really starts glowing in stage lights. Tobias magic all the way) , maple neck, rosewood board. Scratchless, bass and case are in new condition.

Price is firm : 2550euro insured shipment included.

Edited by leloupa

Too bad that the enthousiasm is getting low, Dave...especially since you're a great player with lots of energy and a big heart for the bass. Hope to see you somewhere around since it's always fun whenever we meet..
Good luck with the sale, I understand some of the sentiments you share (I'm also less motivated every now and then) but luckily the sound of bass still soothes my soul.

Thank you again for your nice supporting words Geert. The enthousiasm is totally gone at the moment and i think maybe it will all come back someday, maybe it won't.
Meanwhile this beautiful, alive and allround bass screams to be praised, played and loved like crazy.

I think, when i feel like playing again, i'll go back to the roots and will not listen to those awesome bass players but start freaking out listening to the Johnson brothers and Bootsy 'da fonk' Collins again.

You know, having my perfect MTD i realise that i miss that hated/loved sparkly oomph Stingray sound and i can also use that when i will be playing 'La bamba' in a pub in ten years or so.
So, i am going to buy a musicman, put on some crazy-designed pick guard and buy myself a pink hat. Mid life crisis, here i come !!

Hi Dave,

It's sad to read you're not enjoying playing bass, still... with a mid life crisis you buy a Harley (...or Ducati -guilty-) but you don't sell the bass that makes you will probably regret for the rest of your life everytime when you touch some other bass. I do not believe that a Stingray is going to give you that pleasure after this MTD. (no offence to the people that play this great bass, but the MTD is as I believe of a higher standard)

If I may.... If you can afford it, keep it, I should say. I believe that good times always come back, but maybe in another way. So I believe you will pick up this bass again sooner or later, and than you are glad that you didn't sell this beauty.

(the invitation still stands :drinks: )

Cheers
Ron

Wow - these are incredibly rare. I don't ever remember seeing one for sale over here before.

I loved my MTD535 but sold it when I moved back to 4's. Shame that Mike T only makes a 35" scale though as I've recently been playing a 33.3" Ritter which works really well for me.

hello wombatbutter :)

My problem is that the bass stands 2 meters away from me packed up in a case. That hurts me in a certain way.
I'm not in need of money (luckily enough) but it has to go now. I made a big step in my head so i dont want to look at the case for too long.
Geert, we know eachother for a while now, you know you're always welcome, pick it up and get her out of my eyes.
Enjoy the bass as long as you want to, you may buy it but you dont have to, just take her away and let her sing !

Edited by leloupa