Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Squier Jazz Deluxe 5 String £200

Valhalalf

Greetings Hombres

I bought this stunning bass off of our very own Mcnach only last week but have decided it's not quite what I was looking for.

[b]The Blurb:[/b]

[i]The Deluxe Jazz Bass® Active V (five-string) is perfect for either a burgeoning five-string player seeking active tones, or as a low-cost backup for any working musician. Features include an active three-band EQ with slap switch and a one-piece maple neck with ebonol fingerboard.[/i]

It's been really well looked after by Jose with only a few of the usual hairline scratches.

[b]The Price:[/b]

As I've only had it less than a week I'm looking to get back what I paid for it

*SOLD*

[b]The Pics:[/b]

Edited by Valhalalf

It's just not for me if that makes sense.

I've bought a number of basses recently and keep going back to my trusty 4 string jazz because they others didn't 'feel' right for me.

I did fall in love with a Lakland J 5 string at the weekend which felt perfect to me, but the price tag wasn't :blink:

Lovely bass. I can assure everyone the bass is in great condition (working and cosmetic).

My reason to sell it to Valhalalf was that I am not a bit fan of 5-stringers, and I had two: a SUB5 and the Squier Jazz.
I loved both of them for different reasons. I loved the SUB5 because of the sound: I am a Stingray fan, so soundwise, that was the obvious choice. However, the Jazz V had the most comfortable neck, for my taste. It is a bit wider than the SUB5, but it is shallow, so it did not feel too chunky for me. The wider string spacing meant it was a lot easier for me to switch between a normal 4-string and the Jazz V. Good sounding, wide range of sounds too with the two pickups and the preamp with 3-band EQ... but I really just wanted a Stingray sound, so I ended up choosing to keep the SUB5 and just put the necessary work/time/effort in getting used to it. Still, it was not an entirely easy decision to sell the Jazz V, and I did ask Valhalalf to let me know in the future if he wanted to sell it, as I might want to buy it back. Unfortunately I was hoping he'd keep it at least 6 months, as I am not ready to buy instruments right now...

If someone buys it off him... please feel free to let me know if in the future you decide it's not for you, as I am still sometimes thinking "hmmm, that neck really was easy to play". :)

Anyway... here's another bump.

Hi mate

Yep that's £200 inc 24 hour courier delivery to anywhere in the UK.

It's got an active preamp with a Master Volume, Pickup Blend, Treble, Middle, Bass & Slap Switch that drops a load of mid out of the EQ (the bass and treble are stacked controls).

[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php/?partno=0300575506"]http://www.fender.co...rtno=0300575506[/url]

:)

Edited by Valhalalf