Why become a member? ×

Hello!

mingsta

Hi there!!!

I've just joined basschat after recently getting back in to playing. First picked up the bass in '92 when I was 15 to play metal (there, I've said it!) and hard rock covers with my mates, by the time I got to sixth form, I'd picked up a taste for jazz, funk and motown (though the long hair remained) and did a couple of terms worth of bass tuition with a man called Jeremy Meehan who was a big inspiration with his awesome rythm and feel, though I never really got my head around learning the theory!

My playing's been a bit patchy over the past ten years, but I've re-discovered the passion over the past few months - hoping to get a few friends together and play a set when I get hitched in September and carry on gigging after that.

The gear I'm rocking - mainly a throwback to the early 90's where I'd put all of the proceeds from my student jobs in to new kit: A '93 2-EQ Stringray, '94 Trace 1215 GP12 SMX combo, also picked up a Bongo 5HH Stealth a few years ago for a knockdown price on Ebay. Other priorities in my life mean that I'm going to need to keep the renewed interest in music SEPERATE from any renewed interest in gear - so if you see me lurking around the classified forums, SHOOT ME!

Looking forward to joining the community!

Mingsta