Why become a member? ×

Squier Precision Bass w/ USA Pickup & Badass 2 bridge - £250

Mike

Hi all - I am selling (sadly) my lovely Squier Precision bass. When i bought it I thought it was 'Classic series' or something but I'm informed that is not the case. It is made in Indonesia and from 2008. Here she is:

Sounds exactly like a precision bass. Full and clear. It has an upgraded USA Fender Precision pickup, and I had a brand new Badass 2 bridge fitted by Mike Walsh, who makes Zoot basses.

I have used this bass on shows and gigs and it's always performed superbly. I've never traditionally been a precision person, but when I was having bass problems on a gig, I used this for the second half of the function, and was blown away by how clear it was and how brilliantly it sat in the mix. Since then I've become a real fan of the precision sound.

The reason I'm selling is that I miss the jazz pickup - I was going to get one fitted to this, then I had the option of buying an Overwater aspiration which was PJ so thought I'd just get that- been wanting to try them out for a while!

So, I think £250 is a fair price. It doesn't come with a soft case. I do have a spare soft basscase which I could sell for an additional £10. Ideally, I'd like it picked up. Priority given to those who can pick up! Otherwise I can probably ship at the buyers cost - will do it with an online courier, won't be more than £20. But as I say, pickup preferred - I am in Chelmsford, CM2, Essex, Near A12 / J28 M25.

Here are the rest of the pics. The tape on the headstock keeps in place the allen key that fits the badass - so rare and hard to find it's probably worth about £200 by itself! I will also include a set of straplocks.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Mike

Thanks Neil, right on all counts! Have amended post and price. Cheers for pointing that out - must have been my bad memory!

New elites strings hav put on the bass - quite light gauge. Low action and very playable.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1331821972' post='1579456']
Isn't this a Vintage Modified P Bass? If it is that's a cracking price with the upgrades.

[url="http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/0326800505v1_hi-aeaaf204e9e535a0435a62e088e6f4b1.jpg"]http://cachepe.zzoun...2e088e6f4b1.jpg[/url]
[/quote]

Nah, I have a VM P Bass in the same colour and it looks slightly different.