Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

quiet notes

bassmansky

wonder if anyone has had the same problem.i play a fender j bass through a ashdown 500 evo11 with a ampeg 4x10 he cab.on the d string the further i play up the neck the quieter the sound gets especially on the 10 th fret yet when i played through my practice amp it seemed ok.any ideas?

[quote name='The Burpster' post='173693' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:42 AM']Old strings ?

when did you change them last?

Has it always done it or started just recently?

Do you have adjustable pole pups?[/quote]
the strings are what was on the bass when i bought it in january new,it has just started but only on my main set up not my practice amp.seems a bit strange to me,oh and i have adjusted pups slightly as well.

New in January but how old are they?

I have bought new basses that havve been on display for 4 yrs!

Does your J have a pre amp fitted?

It only does it on the D string and not on the G when playing the same notes? If so try string first and if that deosnt do it sounds like a dead spot--

Other thing what main amp and what practice amp?

[quote name='The Burpster' post='174052' date='Apr 10 2008, 06:02 PM']New in January but how old are they?

I have bought new basses that havve been on display for 4 yrs!

Does your J have a pre amp fitted?

It only does it on the D string and not on the G when playing the same notes? If so try string first and if that deosnt do it sounds like a dead spot--

Other thing what main amp and what practice amp?[/quote]
no pre-amp on the jazz.got a ashdown abm evo11 500w head with ampeg 4x10 cab,practice amp is a peavey minx 110.cant remember a dead spot like that when using a trace 1x15 combo 2 weeks ago.just tryed with small amp not a dead spot in sight!

Edited by bassmansky

[quote name='The Burpster' post='174231' date='Apr 10 2008, 11:25 PM']Now you've got me stumped- I cant see it being a dead spot or it shoudl eb the same with teh other amp.... can you try another head....

so same bass lead and cab but different head?[/quote]
same bass lead but when i play through my little peavey combo its ok and im sure it was ok with my trace combo,so it sounds like either the ashdown head or the ampeg cab is at fault somehow.