Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD

jonsparrow91

The famous ATK series from Ibanez, nothing like there other stuff. Bigger body, bigger neck and bigger sound. This model has the usual triple coil pickup in the massive bridge as well as a single coil in the neck position so, with the help of a 5-way switch, this bass will do pretty much any tone you want: Precision, Jazz, Musicman, etc. Its in very good nick but has the usual signs of use, the truss rod cover is missing but Marshall assures me he'll send me that as soon as he finds it. :P

Its currently strung with DR Hi Def Neon Green strings because I'm so classy.[s] I can be shipped with the original strings if you'd prefer.[/s] (I can't find the G from the original set.)

Thanks. :)
Jon Edited by spaz91

[quote name='benjifaith' timestamp='1331254306' post='1570489']
Its dead 'ard this bass lol
[/quote]
S'reet Benjeh, 'tis well 'ard.
[quote name='sea1bass' timestamp='1331263529' post='1570523']
looks nice!
price?
string spacing?
schale lenght,34 or 35?
how is the low B?
[/quote]
£325
9mm at nut, 18mm at bridge
34"
Surprisingly loud.

True dat, y'all. These things have the build quality and tone of basses that cost several times as much.

This bass does P bass, Jazz Bass, Jaco's tone, Musicman and [I can't think of an example for the 5th position, call it unique.]

Also: the 3 band EQ is transparent and the frequencies are all useful rather than just boom, honk and click. (something I've never seen on a EQ before!)

Edited by spaz91

[quote name='spaz91' timestamp='1331484313' post='1573498']
True dat, y'all. These things have the build quality and tone of basses that cost several times as much.

This bass does P bass, Jazz Bass, Jaco's tone, Musicman and [I can't think of an example for the 5th position, call it unique.]

Also: the 3 band EQ is transparent and the frequencies are all useful rather than just boom, honk and click. (something I've never seen on a EQ before!)
[/quote]

I'm not a 5 player so I can't comment on the low B but, for the rest of it, I can thoroughly recommend these as basses..he isn't lying when he claims the range of tones - the 4 string I bought really surprised me for quality of tone and build (up there with my MM ray)...and at £315 this has got to be a steal for anybody looking for a first 5er..

Good luck with the sale, Jon