Why become a member? ×

GONE - Crafter BA-400EQ electro acoustic fretless & Fender deluxe gig bag Now £190

Leon Transaxle

OK. Up for sale is my Crafter BA-400EQ electro acoustic fretless bass.
I bought it used a couple of years ago for a folk project that never got going.
It is in excellent condition and certainly has not left the house since I have owned it. I have bought a couple of basses recently so I need both the readies and the space.

It has a satin/matt type finish and a 3 band EQ.
It is currently fitted with black tapewounds strings. I vaguely remember they were bought off the Bay, but I'm not sure who from. May music sort of rings a bell BICBW. If you prefer these could be changed to a pair of Fender 105 flats that are currently surplus to requirements (about a year old) as I would quite happily put the flats on my Westone (which has the same tuning peg arrangement).
There are a few visible marks on the fretboard around the E string up in the upper reaches where the previous owner tried note bending with bronze roundwounds on it.They are purely visual; you can't feel them. I have included a picture below showing this. The only other cosmetic change is where I added a second strap button to avoid tying the strap to the headstock. After consulting multiple internet sites with the regards to placement I settled on the far side of the heel so the strap wraps around the heel (also shown below). To check there was no metalwork where I intended to drill the net suggested using a magnet. I went one further and x-rayed it to make sure (unfortunately I can't find the copy of the x-ray or I would have included it for curiosity value).
Also incuded in the price is a Fender deluxe acoustic bass gig bag. Apart from a bit of dust from being stored under the bed this is in immaculate condition. These bags have 20mm of padding all round. I liked it so much I bought the electric bass version for my P bass recently

New these are currently going for £359 on line (GAK, Rowlands Music, Brighton Guitars etc) and the gig bags are at least £28 so I don't think £225 is an unreasonable price.

You can either collect it from Hereford or I will post it for about £13 (based on Interparcel economy rate and extending the loss/damage cover to the full value of the sale).
It will be well boxed and padded.

[i]Strap button position[/i]

[i]Fingerboard marks[/i]

Edited by Leon Transaxle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought a fretted version of this from here a couple of weeks ago. Love it, great tone and easy to play even though I'm normally a thin neck jazz man.

Find it really useful for practising scales etc. Also can be taken and played anywhere as it sounds great just acoustic and has a built in tuner. Just pick it up and you're off.

This would be great for someone wanting to get more confidence on a fretless. Tempted to buy it myself but can't really justify it.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Harrisonian91' timestamp='1335878412' post='1637391']
UPDATE?
I am interested, but may need a few weeks to gather funds!
[/quote]
Hi,
I replied to your PM before I read this post.

A few weeks to gather funds isn't an issue. I've waited a few weeks to find someone who's interested!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='retro' timestamp='1336737205' post='1650195']
Hi,

Is this still for sale? If so, could drop in Sunday to take a look with view to purchase as I live quite local.
[/quote]

hi, not local to you (manchester/lancashire) but I have one of these for sale here if you are interested:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/184375-fretless-electro-acoustic-bass-crafter-l195-final-price-drop/page__p__1792490__hl__crafter%20fretless__fromsearch__1#entry1792490

mike