Why become a member? ×

Hartke Hydrive 410 Cab Problems...

PauBass

Recently I bought a new Hartke Hydrive 410 cab to add to my rig, a Hartke LH1000 and another 410 Hydrive cab.
The cab arrived, I set up my rig and started playing, I noticed the new cab was distorting, on close inspection all in the band confirmed it was the top left speaker the one causing it, the other three sounded fine though.
I spoke to the shop I bought it from and they kindly agreed to exchange it for another new cab, paid for the courier shipping and all.

Well, today the new cab has arrived and I've just tried it, this time with a different amp and on it's own...guess what...same problem as before!
Top left corner speaker distorting and the other ones fine. I don't think it's the same cab they sent me the first time around but I can't be sure of that.

Is this just a coincidence? Have I been given the same cab again? Are there any issues with Hartke quality control? Am I doing something wrong?

Here you have a recording, not too good, showing how each of the speakers sound, you'll clearly notice but it goes: first the damaged speaker then the other three, then back to the first one.

What do you think?

Edited by PauBass

The first port of call should be the shop that you got it from, explain that this one also has the same problem, and that you're disappointed in them having supplied another faulty unit. I bought one of these cabs and the LH1000 when they first came out and have never had any problems with either unit, but other than that I've got very little experience of Hartke stuff.

The HA3500 is the best selling amp head in the world though, so their build quality can't be too shoddy. ;)

Definitely a knackered speaker there dude! It sounds like you're using a fuzz pedal... I haven't heard of any of the new Hartke stuff having QC issues so you've either the victim of the unluckiest coincidence in the history of bass cabs, or the shop have indeed given you the same cab again. I would take it back to the shop one more time, and consider contacting Hartke customer support.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1330976871' post='1565740']
The first port of call should be the shop that you got it from, explain that this one also has the same problem, and that you're disappointed in them having supplied another faulty unit. I bought one of these cabs and the LH1000 when they first came out and have never had any problems with either unit, but other than that I've got very little experience of Hartke stuff.

The HA3500 is the best selling amp head in the world though, so their build quality can't be too shoddy. ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1330977228' post='1565746']
Definitely a knackered speaker there dude! It sounds like you're using a fuzz pedal... I haven't heard of any of the new Hartke stuff having QC issues so you've either the victim of the unluckiest coincidence in the history of bass cabs, or the shop have indeed given you the same cab again. I would take it back to the shop one more time, and consider contacting Hartke customer support.
[/quote]

Thanks guys...I have already been in touch with the shop and also emailed Larry.
The shop has agreed to exchange it but I think I'm going to take a refund instead of another cab, it's already been a month with no cab and now more waiting :(