Why become a member? ×

Flame maple bass project! Reduced to £95 Shipped!

Shockwave

Hey guys.

Here is a lovely Dean bass, from the early 90's but I dont know much more then that!

Lovely Flame top, decent pre-amp, looks to be aftermarket but I cant be sure. It's of middle weight with a mediumish size neck?

The Cutaway at the top of the body really helps reduce soreness on the lower arm. Truss rod works absoloutely fine and has been setup with a low action. Frets are played but not well worn. A D tuner is installed however could do with reinstallation or is broken (I am not sure how one is supposed to act, but seems loose to me!) I do have the original tuner to go on instead if needed.

The bass could do with a nice polish. The front of the body is in good condition with very minor scuffs, scuffs and buckle rash on the sides and back, Slight wear on the back of the neck and headstock not that you could tell from the front! Jack is angled towards the bottom strap pin which is a bloody good idea.

As you can see there are no pickups, I do have some photos of the pre-amp cavity before I took the pickups out to show you where to put some in, also left some of the pickup wire attached to the various bits on the pre-amp to help.

Anyway.

Reduced to £95 Shipped! Firm!
No trades tah.

Hi,

I think your bass is one of the Tropical era DB94's, they were built in Korea after Dean sold the company - I have a red one like this & a black DB95 5 string.
I love my two, the necks are fantastic & you can get a great range of sounds from them. There is one on eBay at the moment for £459 because the seller is under the mistaken impression that it's a custom shop build! It has the same flamed top as yours but in red. Great basses!

• 2 weeks later...