Why become a member? ×

NBD.....Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz

Chairleg

After going through my wallet and pockets and then having a damned good rummage down the sides of the sofa, I finally realised that I was still £1200 quid short of affording a new Fender VM Jazz. My GAS was so bad I seriously considered either selling my prized Miroku shotgun or offering my daughter up for medical experimentation. Then I realised that one of those choices was highly immoral......so I'm keeping the shotgun. :)

This is not a review as I haven't even had it for 2 hours yet but my initial impression of this bass is positive, It's well put together, the finish is good (I got the natural version) and the just-out-of-the-box set up isn't very far from where I want it to be. I am letting it warm up a bit before I start fiddling with the intonation (the A string is just a tiny bit flat at the 12th) but the action is spot on for me. Being an inveterate tamperer though, I will be fitting a Babicz bridge, a thumb rest and black Jazz-style control knobs at a later date.

Thanks to other BC'rs who have previously commented on the Squier VM models. Due to your helpful and honest views, I have now got a decent bass to carry on learning with, saved £1200 of hard-earned and my daughter is now safe from being sold (until I want an Alembic anyway).

All the best,

Mark.