Why become a member? ×

Can anyone identify this acoustic Bass...?

rushbo

...please?

I've had it for about 15 years and I bought it second hand, so it's been around the block. It's fretless now, but it wasn't originally, but it's quite a nice defretting job.

I had an EMG put it when I first had it, to replace the (dud) one that was on the Bass already.

It's a lovely sounding thing and (with the right eq) can sound very "upright-y". The only thing is, I have no idea who it's by! It looks vaguely Italian, but that's a pretty wild, non-expert guess. It's got a very distinctive headstock and a plastic ring around the soundhole. It has an unusual, shaped back, too.

I did once see a six string version, but that too was devoid of information. If anyone can shed any light on this little mystery, I'd be really grateful.

Cheers,

Rushbo

[attachment=100403:IMAG0104.jpg][attachment=100404:IMAG0105.jpg][attachment=100405:IMAG0106.jpg][attachment=100406:IMAG0108.jpg]

Edited by rushbo

No idea. It's got a Gibson-ish truss rod cover, but a strange head design. It would be great if it was a Gibbo, but I doubt it. Epiphone? Unlikely too. Japanese summik-or-other, probably.

Have you had a good look inside the sound-hole, and are there any serial numbers stamped anywhere?

Edited by billyapple