Why become a member? ×

Mex classic 60`s jazz bass feeler

jezzaboy

This is a feeler for the moment as I`m not 100% certain of moving this on.

It`s a Fender classic 60`s Jazz that I bought from guitarguitar last year. I lusted after one of these for a while as I really like the sunburst finish, reverse tuners, the gloss neck, tortiseshell scratchplate....

I am playing with a band at the moment in the studio and on friday took my Squeir P bass down for a change and according to the guys it sits a lot better in the mix as they say. I was going to get a P pickup fitted to this but it was gonna cost around £140 all in and it would destroy what the Jazz is all about.

So what I`m looking for is a P bass. A classic 50`s, Mike Dirnt, a decent Mex standard, one of the classic vibe P basses or a Yam 414 or similar, you get the idea.

I would do a straight swap for the classic 50`s or a Mike Dirnt but would be looking for cash my way for the others depending on what it is. As for a cash price I would be looking for around £460.

As for condition, this has a few marks. A small ding on the front near the jack socket is the only one visable from the front, a small ding on top of the belly contour, 2 very small marks on the laquer at the end of the headstock-these are on the edge and cannot be seen from the front and one very small pressure mark on the back near the bottom. I have tried to photo them.
I will be putting the original Fender strap pins back on.

Any offers please pm me.
[attachment=100350:SAM_0384.JPG]
Ding on front
[attachment=100351:SAM_0387.JPG]
[attachment=100352:SAM_0392.JPG]
Ding on top contour
[attachment=100353:SAM_0394.JPG]
[attachment=100354:SAM_0395.JPG]
[attachment=100355:SAM_0397.JPG]
[attachment=100356:SAM_0402.JPG]
[attachment=100357:SAM_0404.JPG]

Jez