Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 44-02

Gust0o

Afternoon all. Cutting to the story, I've been offered one of these basses in a trade. They look the business, and I love my DJ4 so would be hoping for more of the same from another Lakland.

However, I've never seen one in the flesh. Would be interested in thoughts around the neck and general suitability as a rock bass.

Youtube is full of videos, but - if I'm interested - I'll need to have a try.

I had a brilliant 44-02 a couple of years ago which I really do regret letting go of. They're the perfect Swiss army knife bass if you'll accept that analogy, as in they're more than capable in all genres.

Seeing as you have the MM humbucker and a single coil to play with, you have a massive array of tones available as well as the option to change the mid frequency via the control cavity.

I honestly think they're brilliant basses and everyone should have or at least try one at some point.

Edited by Josh

I have a 55-01 and have a 55-02 on order, I've tried a 44-02 in the gallery in london and it sounds good to me...the mm at the bridge gives the usual mm fatness but with more clarity, the preamp has 'dip switches' inside that enable you to select the frequency of cut/boost from the mid-range, you can also select which coil of the mm is used (one, t'other or both) and also blend that with the neck single coil pup...

I like the string spacing, it's a little wider than my ray's were.

The build quality of them is great, the hardware is great, I'm well pleased with my 55-01 and looking forward to my 55-02