Why become a member? ×

Line 6 M5 - save variations of same effect?

tonyclaret

As above, you have 24 slots (patches), you can save whatever effect you want in them. You can have 24 pitchglide patches if you want.

I actually do have quite a few for home practice, my band plays a few songs in different keys from the originals, so I have different (stationery) pitchglide settings so that I can practice to the recording while using the fingering of the key we use :)

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1329070562' post='1536779']
As above, you have 24 slots (patches), you can save whatever effect you want in them. You can have 24 pitchglide patches if you want.

I actually do have quite a few for home practice, my band plays a few songs in different keys from the originals, so I have different (stationery) pitchglide settings so that I can practice to the recording while using the fingering of the key we use :)
[/quote]

Just had a little play today and was trying to get one semitone down but found it nearly impossible to get it to -1.0 exactely always ended up around
-1.2. It still sounded ok though. Yes a few key changes needed here too and need the open strings on a few tracks, this looks like it will work. How you get on with the wahs? Haven't got round to trying them but noticed on previous reviews they werent liked by the masses.

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1329081404' post='1537010']
Just had a little play today and was trying to get one semitone down but found it nearly impossible to get it to -1.0 exactely always ended up around
-1.2. It still sounded ok though. Yes a few key changes needed here too and need the open strings on a few tracks, this looks like it will work. How you get on with the wahs? Haven't got round to trying them but noticed on previous reviews they werent liked by the masses.
[/quote]

I see you haven't read the manual ;) Get it from their website. For fine tuning of values, hold Tap and immediately turn the desired knob (within a second or else you'll get the tuner). You'll get -1 like that.

I found the wahs quite good, I usually would need about a 50% mix I think, and I believe the Vetta was my favourite. The good thing about them is you can get them just right by setting heel down and toe down values. The bad thing about them is the on/off switch is not on the expression pedal, so you have to activate on the M5, then move your foot to the exp. pedal, a bit of an annoying delay. That's the only reason why I didn't give up on my 105q, if not for that I'd be quite happy with using the M5 for wah, soundwise not much of a loss...