Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

JimmySims

I'm thinking about selling my 1979 Gibson Ripper. It's all black and pretty, but I'm not sure I'm using it enough to keep hold of it.

Its got the original case with it; plays and sounds great. It has had a neck break at the headstock (haven't they all?) but been repaired and re finished in the damaged area in the states before I bought it.

Anyone interested if I put some photos up? I'm thinking maybe £1000 ono?

Let me know your thoughts,

Jimmy Sims

********EDIT*********

Ok, here are some photos and some more info for you all.

The Serial Number is 71089026, which means it is the 108th day of 1979 (April 18th, unless it was a leap year) and built in the Kalamazoo factory.

As you can see from the photos its in very good cosmetic condition. There are two areas in which its been re-finished/touched up; just on the back of the top shoulder, and around the back of the neck where the headstock has been repaired. I've tried to show both as best I can in the photos.

The only other thing I've added myself, is the bell truss rod cover. I've tried to get something as close to what it would have been, but it's not original.

I've checked over the electronics as best I can, all are original, but the earth from the jack socket to the first pot was broken, so I've added an earth in.

There is a machine bolt missing from the back (bridge) pickup that would have helped adjust the height. It's a 2mm by 10mm machine bolt, should be fairly easy to find.

As I've mentioned before, it plays great and sounds the part too. Anyone is welcome to arrange a time to come and try it out if they want to, I'm in North West London.

Jimmy Sims

Edited by JimmySims