Why become a member? ×

SORTED: Anyone near Nottingham have a rack Pre amp I can try?

pantherairsoft

As the title says - I'm keen to try some other rack preamps aside my EBS-1v2 for some comparisson. I do like the EBS but I am keen to see what else it out there that may be slightly more intuitive and easier to adjust on the fly without massively altering your tone (EBS has Quasi-Parametric EQ with boost only, no cut).

If anyone has any racks pre's - or, I guess pedal pre's with a decent EQ section, and fancies an hour or so at my studio fuelled with tea and biscuits please get in touch!

Shep

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1328825541' post='1533468']
Hey shep!

When bassist in nottingham are turning up to gigs with 3 out of the 4 strings on the bass I doubt that there are many out there who have equipment more complex than an ashdown electric blue.
although the studio invite sounds appealing!!!
[/quote]

Good point - though at last nights gig everyone had fully stringed instruments!!

Anytime mate, just say... Doors always open - though you have to bring your own biscuits if you're not coming with a pre!

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1328826019' post='1533488']
Nope but if you get a borrow a sansamp RBI or RPM I'll come and have a listen
[/quote]

I'll let you know. I'd quite like to try the Sansamp's. Truth be told I've never been blown away by the pedal versions, but I'm told the racks are something quite special.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1328867040' post='1533828']
Good point - though at last nights gig everyone had fully stringed instruments!!

Anytime mate, just say... Doors always open - though you have to bring your own biscuits if you're not coming with a pre!.
[/quote]

Say no more, what's your preference?