Why become a member? ×

whats been your worst gig??

greyparrot

Mine was i was playing in cornwall and the band were backing screeming lord such, and i had food posioning and while i was on stage, i puked all over my suite! I had to keep gioing, and it was being filmed, after him was Jet harris. I played along side him with puke stains down me!! No more roadside food for me i can tell you.

I played dressed as Britney Spears while recovering from Salmonella once.
A worse gig than that for me was the guitarists brothers wedding, when the singer got so drunk because he was worried about his voice giving up that he couldn't even play his guitar OR sing particularly well. I nearly turned his amp off half way through a song I was so embarrased, but he probably would have started a fight with me on stage. He threatened to knock some guys who was dancing's teeth out for bumping into his mic stand (thus hitting him in the mouth with the mic, granted) at a diffenernt gig. I'm not in that band anymore!

We went into sorta youth-music fest during our city, Kaunas, Days.

We got to do 'check-the-sound' in 5 minutes. I've put amp's eq horribly and had to change it during my intro-playing. But when my guitarist's sh*tty Vintage 'went out' ( G string went out)... God, I've showed him signs to shut the guitar up, cuz he's rhythm player, but he simply shook his head and continued.

At the 2nd song we had to sing, and was a backing throat... We played "So f***ing What" and my fingers didn't respond. Backing was sooo shity too.

Btw, after the gig rhythm-git player said - why didn't I manage to take off... :)