Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Thomann 22 Solid Top Double Bass + Case + Stand

[s]Just acquired this in a trade with Nick (Old Horse Murphy) and looking to move it on, original sale thread here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165827-traded-thomann-22-solid-top-double-bass-with-pickup-preamp-and-case/"]http://basschat.co.u...reamp-and-case/[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thomann 22 (made by Hora) Solid top, laminated sides 3/4 size Double Bass. It is in absolutely mint condition![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Solid spruce top with laminated maple sides, ebony fingerboard.[/font][/color]

I am selling it without the pickup and preamp, so this sale is for;

The bass (including the £100 Kolstein Heritage strings)

The Tom and Will heavy duty gig bag/cover (worth £120)

and the Hercules stand (£35)

I am willing to meet up somewhere if getting to Kent is too far for some people, just let me know!

[size=6]£680[/size][/s]

Edited by danweb22

It's generally not advisable as the internal bass bar, which is crucial to structural integrity and a major part of the sound of the instrument - would then be on the wrong side. To change that around would require taking the top, removing the bar and repositioning it - a cost prohibitive job.

On the plus side - these are damn fine basses. I replaced my £3500 fully carved Ken Smith shop bass with one of these and I've never regretted it. The carved top on the Thomann/Hora provides great tone while the laminated back and sides really help reduce feedback when amplified. £680 is a great price considering you've got the Kolstein strings already on it (my personal favourite) and a good quality gig bag.

And Dan's a good guy too. What more do you want?