Why become a member? ×

Connection conundrum

martindupras

I'm redoing my pedalboard around my newly received Vinteck TB10 MkII switcher (which is really awesome; check it out: http://www.vinteck.com/index.php?id_cat_info=4&id_info=13).

The conundrum is this.

I'm using a Line 6 G30 wireless transmitter and receiver, but as a safeguard I'd also like to parallel that with a 1/4" input in case anything goes wrong with the G30. Equally I'd like to split the signal from these two to go into both my Sonic Research ST200 tuner (which I want to leave on but out of the signal chain) and into the switching controller.

The solution I came up, which would be quite elegant if it works, would be to use one set of parallel connections from a Behringer patchbay. (Basically you have four 1/4" connectors all connected on a small PCB, with switches that allow you to change the connections. I'm setting the switches to all connectors in parallel.)

My thinking goes: 99% of the time, that'll be the buffered signal from the G30, which is quite safe to split, I think; the tuner permanently on is unlikely, I think, to interfere with the signal going into the pedalboard controller; and on the rare occasions when I need to use a lead, I can always turn the tuner off if needed.

What do you all think?

Cheers,

- martin

Your explanation blew my mind. Diagrams would help!

My understanding:
bass (split wireless and cabled)------------wireless>--------receiver----[merger box]----[splitter]--------tuner
\---cabled>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/(nothing here)\------switching controller----[pedals]---[amp]
something like that?

might be easier if you just put your tuner at the end of the chain. if it mutes
your signal as well, you could put it before delays to silence your main signal and
create eeire echoes that die off.

Edited by lxxwj

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I explained very well! Hopefully the diagramme will help explain what I'm trying to do.

I can't put the tuner at the end of the chain. To start with it mutes the signal when it's on, and I don't want to active it with its own footswitch. I want the tuner on all the time, and to turn the sound off with the master controller when I need to.

- martin

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1327455249' post='1511707']
Looks good. So what you're trying to do is have an actual line from your bass in case the wireless fails?
Well that would work if there's a switch on the patchbay to quickly change the input from wireless to wired.
All in all, very cool plan!
[/quote]

Thanks, man. I'll try that in the coming days and report on my success of failure.

- martin