Why become a member? ×

Fender Mike Dirnt sig bass

munkonthehill

My two cents..... although I see you have already got yours MOTH

I have tredders old one and I know he had a lot of work done on the neck and its shows. The bass plays beautifully but I understand there were some issues with the QC on these which is a shame.

The neck is manly. Thin enough at the nut but meaty enought to know your note will be big and full. A big fat neck = big fat notes! As someone else said the neck feels right for the bass.

Combine the big neck with a heavy, slab body and the BAII bridge and this thing has sustain for days. Once you top it off with the pick up, which isn't a regular P pick up and I do think its a CS model regardless of the what the internets say (I heard the wire was wrapped by fairies!) you have this monster tones. The tone control will get you from biting punk to classic Pump it Up or nice fat soul.

I'd say these are one of the most rock solid basses out there. They are well spec'd and worth the money. The Green Day associations shouldn't detract from trying or buying one of these. I'm away to plug mine in :)

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1330282091' post='1555133']
Good to here that Steven as I have a MD coming my way on tuesday! If this was Talkbass we could start a club!. How did the gig with the new band go?

Jez
[/quote]

That's good news Jez. Where are you getting yours from? What colour?

The new bands gig went amazing. Played to about 100 folk and we had some dancers too which is always good.

We all played really well and were well received....I think hahahaaha.

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1330284579' post='1555211']
My two cents..... although I see you have already got yours MOTH

I have tredders old one and I know he had a lot of work done on the neck and its shows. The bass plays beautifully but I understand there were some issues with the QC on these which is a shame.

The neck is manly. Thin enough at the nut but meaty enought to know your note will be big and full. A big fat neck = big fat notes! As someone else said the neck feels right for the bass.

Combine the big neck with a heavy, slab body and the BAII bridge and this thing has sustain for days. Once you top it off with the pick up, which isn't a regular P pick up and I do think its a CS model regardless of the what the internets say (I heard the wire was wrapped by fairies!) you have this monster tones. The tone control will get you from biting punk to classic Pump it Up or nice fat soul.

I'd say these are one of the most rock solid basses out there. They are well spec'd and worth the money. The Green Day associations shouldn't detract from trying or buying one of these. I'm away to plug mine in :)
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.