Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40DSP combo

Waldo

Having recently invested in a guitar pod XT live + all the model packs I just doing use this any more and I'm looking to downsize and go down the monitor route.

Great amp this, it sureley has to be the cheapest all valve guitar combo you can buy? Ashdown don't make these anymore but now sell them under their boutique Hayden brand (and charge a fair bit more for something which isn't as good!)

Here's the blurb:

[i]
The FA 40 DSP All-Tube combo combines a dual-channel all-tube 40-Watt amp section (feeding 1x12" speaker) with 16 internal DSP effects - including four Chorus, four Flanger and eight Delay programs, plus an internal DSP Reverb section. Both channels offer flexible gain and EQ controls for a wide range of clean and crunch tones.

Equally at home on stage or in the studio, the FA 40 DSP All-Tube combo includes a 4-way footswitch to select Channel 1/2, Boost On/Off, Effects On/Off and dual Master Volumes, and a Speaker Emulation circuit on the line level recording output.[/i]

The clean channel is nice and spanky sounding and breaks up real nice when you put the gain up. Sounds good with a strat in the neck position. The overdrive channel doesn't drive nearly as well as Ashdown would like you to think but it's still good, quite dark sounding too if that's your thing.

Cosmetically it's great and looks the buisiness with the black tolex and red colouring, plus theres a handy little little carry box in the back to store the footswitch in.

There is one technical problem with it however, the ability to switch between the two master volumes has stopped working. I do have to say though, this isn't a feature I ever used, or ever wanted to use -Two channels plus a boost switch has been plenty enough for me.

So with all that said, I'd be looking for offers over £150 for this. A straight swap for a decent pair of powered monitors would also be good!

I can post at your expense but you're also more than welcome to collect.

Cheers.

Edited by Waldo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...