Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Jive Bass

Chambo

This is my first post here. I've been away from paling bass for a long time and I've just started again after borrowing a friends bass.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences of the Bass Centre's Jive Bass?[url="http://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection.html"] http://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection.html[/url] I've seen a few good reviews, but wondered if anyone had one or played one?

I've never had a new bass, apart from my custom, because you get so much more second hand. It also makes me so much happier about customising them, seems silly to buy a new bass if you know there's things you're going to change straight away.

Agree with the previous posters. Pre-owned is the way to go. I won't say second-hand, because there are some instruments that seem to have been going from Basschater to Basschater for years!
Similar to EmmettC, I've only ever bought 2 basses from new, and I'm now well into two-digits for the number I've had.
As long as you're sensible you can buy from the vast majority of Basschaters with confidence.

But whichever way you go - BUY ONE!

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1326991801' post='1504873']
Pre-owned is the way to go. I won't say second-hand, because there are some instruments that seem to have been going from Basschater to Basschater for years!
[/quote]

Pre-owned, or used is probably a better description of most of mine.