Why become a member? ×

Hello from Hereford

Leon Transaxle

Hi,
I'm quite old and live in Hereford.
I currently have just the four basses. A Westone Thunder 1 (which is nearly thirty years old), a Vintage V950 five string, a Crafter BA400-EQ fretless acoustic and a Vintage EST96NA (although the last two may soon be up for offer as I'm getting itchy fingers and need to fund it somehow).
Ampwise its a a Line 6 Lowdown 110.

I also have couple of those six string high pitched things too.

First bass was a Satellite short scale.
Moved on to a no name P bass-ish thing rebranded as KillKraft with the help of the decal from a balsa wood model and a stanley knife.
Then it was the Westone.
For an Amp I had a Selmer 100w bass head with a 4X12 cab, later augmented with a 1X15 cab. Unfortunately these were put in storage in Central Middlesex Hospital nurses home - which was subsequently demolished before I ever went back to retrieve them.

Played in the compulsory rite of childhood, the school band then little else for ages until picking it up again a few years ago.

At one point I dismantled the KillKraft with the intention of tarting it up and left it as bits in the bedroom. On leaving school I moved to London but, on visiting the folks back at I hope one week I got told Friday night of a forthcoming gig on the Saturday if I was interested.
Unfortunately my gear was in London so, hastily gathering up what bits of the KillKraft I could find I managed to cobble together a functioning bass from the neck, strings, pick up, electrics and three tuners of the KillKraft, one guitar tuner for the G string. the arm of a broken wooden chair painted with matt black emulsion to mount the pick up and bridge on and on old black lorry numberplate with the knobs and jack socket on. I plugged into a borrowed amp (probably a guitar amp) and played my only gig at st Marys Arts centre.
I really wish I had a picture of that monstrosity.

Edited by Leon Transaxle