Why become a member? ×

Paul 'Tubbs' Williams

Floyd Pepper

[b]Hi All,[/b]

[b]For all you Jazz funk fans.[/b]

[b]I used to love listening to this guy when I first got into bass during his time with Light of the World and then onto Incognito during the whole 'Jazz Funk' era.[/b]

[b]Anyway, I was pleased to see that Bluey has just managed to get what was going to be Incognito's 2nd Album released - albeit 30 years later![/b]

[b]It's called Behind The Mask' by The Warriors (due to the sound being different from the original Incognito album, they decided to change the band name to reflect this harder rock sound). It does sound dated in places but well worth a listen to hear the late 'Tubbs' playing some sublime bass.[/b]

[b]Cheers,[/b]
[b]Jim[/b]

I had that album in the 1980s, it was actually released under The Warriors name as Behind the Mask. So this must be a re-release. Haven't heard it in a grillion years but I loved it at the time, still funky but a bit more jazz-rocky than Incognito. http://if-its-soulful.blogspot.com/2011/09/warriors-behind-mask-1982.html

Edited by Clarky