Why become a member? ×

So many cab choices...so little knowledge :P

jackers

hey all,

I know this sort of topic probably comes up alot, but here goes anyway :P

I am getting a new lightweight rig, and have just bought an Ashdown MiBass. So I am now left with the decision about what cab to buy to go with it.

I have managed to narrow my search a little (I think :P), down to these cabs:

- Barefaced Super Twelve (Probably the most expensive of my options at £740, but definitely worth the extra from what I'm told)
- GK Neo 212
- GK 212MBE
- Epifani UL 212
- Berg 212 Neo (the downside to this will be finding one secondhand)
- EBS Neo 212 (same problem as above)

If anyone else has any good recommendation then I will add it to the list :P

My main issue is that I am not able to try out most of these before I buy, so I wanted to hear some people's opinions of the various options I have. I know that the barefaced is most likely the best option, and the most powerful cab, but to be honest it is a little out of my price range, (as much as I try to convince myself it is :P), but I can budget to afford it if it is my best bet.

Cheers for any advice you can give :)

Edited by jackers

Hi Jackers!
As you know, I've just bought the GK 210MBE's... Hopefully that pans out for me when I try them for real over the weekend.
I've heard good things about the GK 212MBE's too!...

Getting the right Amp & cab configuration for your needs is VERY subjective!... One thing I've learnt over the years... It's not necessarily true that the most expensive is the best for the job in hand!

What kind of sound are you after?... What kinda music do you play? & What is lacking from your present set up that makes you want to change?
...or is it just a weight issue?

Bass Direct has a fair selection these days, maybe a trip there to try some stuff would be cool?..... Mark's a great bloke too!

Edited by bottomfeed

hey :) cheers for your reply.

you make a very good point, I totally forgot to include that info :P I use a sansamp bddi to get my tone, so I am ideally after something quite transparent to get the tone of the sansamp through the cab. I play pop-punk mostly, with some funk thrown in aswell. My main concern for changing rigs was weight, cos as nice is my hartke sounds, i can't move it without a car.