Why become a member? ×

Hello and a Happy New Year from Scotland

weeleigh

Hello,

I've been looking at this forum for a while now, and finally decided to take the plunge and join.

I'm Leigh from Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, 52, male, and been playing since I was 15. Been in various original and covers bands. Currently playing in a weddings and functions band doing covers and scottish ceilidh music.

Took a 20 year break from playing while the family grew up, but absolutely loving being back playing again.

I play a beautiful 1963 cherry red Gibson EB0 that has been customised with an extra Dimarzio pickup.
Also play a Stagg electric upright. Both of those go through a Peavey Mk3 130W BW combo that I have owned for over 30 years, and it has never let me down once. (touch wood!)

Having said that I'm looking to change to a head and cabinet, as the weight of the Peavey is getting a bit much these days. Looking towards a Peavey head - either Tour 450 or 700 and a Barefaced cab. Probably either a Compact or a Super 12.

Anyway, hello, and a Happy new Year to all!

Leigh.

[quote name='weeleigh' timestamp='1325627066' post='1485501']
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the welcome!

Good to know there are other North East loons on here!

Are you in a band yourself?

Cheers,

Leigh
[/quote]

Haha that's us!

I am in a handful of bands though none who have done much really! Though i've performed around the northeast on Bass Trombone, just not bass guitar haha!

Hopefully be doing more soon though. Mostly heavier music for me, hard rock, metal etc

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1325627538' post='1485511']
Haha that's us!

I am in a handful of bands though none who have done much really! Though i've performed around the northeast on Bass Trombone, just not bass guitar haha!

Hopefully be doing more soon though. Mostly heavier music for me, hard rock, metal etc
[/quote]

Ah well, its still a bass forum! Lol!

[quote name='weeleigh' timestamp='1325628035' post='1485523']
Hi Acebassmusic,

Thanks for the welcome. Good to know there are plenty of North East folk here.

I see from your gear list you are using a Barefaced cabinet. I'm thinking of going down the Barefaced route. Would you recommend?
[/quote]

Barefaced - I've only ever tried the Big Twin T so based on that and Alex's customer service......yip I'd recommend seriously looking at them. I hear the other models perform beyond usual expectations. Do a bit of a search on here and you'll see what I mean :)

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1325718987' post='1486754']
We should have an Aberdeen bass-bash for those who don't make Moffat (and those who do!) There are enough of us on here now ;)
[/quote]

Lets just meet for a pint somewhere ;)
Heh but i'd be up for this!