Why become a member? ×

Finally got myself an acoustic

goblin

Got this the other day courtesy of HeavyJay

[IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/goblin92/Basses/8abf26ee.jpg[/IMG]

Boy is it lovely, especially for what's essentially a budget acoustic. It looks and feels great (need to tweak the action a bit as the nut is high, but hey, it plays!), sounds good and projects well and the preamp isn't all too bad either.

Very happy new year indeed :)

Harley Benton right?

If it is your a lucky man because the 4 string I got was a complete dog :angry: . Ive tried taking the action down as much as I can but any more and it would be touching the bridge. :o Side dots are for a fretted. <_< Side strap pin is for a left handed :blink: I will give you that the preamp isnt too bad for the money and its not a bad sound for the money. Which is what counts. B) I reshaped the head and veneered it with some sycamore and replaced the machine heads with black and wood effect. Also replaced the neck binding so I could put the dots in the right place. Nice project when all said and done.

Oh and the inlay is better quality than the cheapo transfer on my Fender Kingman :happy:

Not dissin the whole range or yours just sayin there may be a little variation in quality control :huh:

A

Yeah Harley Benton, it could just be a lucky one. I never really looked at Harley Benton, but it's free and I'll get good use out of it. For going round folk sessions / uni acoustic nights, it's perfect. I've love a Guild or a Fylde, but there's no way I could afford one at this stage, and I'd be spending all my time worrying about it getting clattered in a session or something. I play fretless by instinct anyway, so I've not actually checked the dots on it :P

Nice one Goblin, I actually got first dibs on that one but he preferred it to be collected rather than couriered (if that's the right word) and then by the time I'd realised my sister could have collected it he had promised it to you........aaaaargh!
I would have loved it too, all the sound clips I've heard of them sound rather nice, and it looks very classy.
So enjoy it and look after it and if it ever needs a new home remember me

:happy:

I actually bought mine on the strength of some youtube clips and yep they do sound pretty good for the money. Dispite my moaning above I enjoy mine and enjoyed 'modding' it :rolleyes:

The side dots freaked me out. Dispite prefering unlined fretlesses I still need those little dots now and again :happy:

and if it was a freebee then hell cheap at twice the price ;)

A