Why become a member? ×

Handbuilt British Valve Guitar Amp Amplifier MJW Roadstar 36

MJW Roadstar 36 amplifier head and 4x10 speaker cab in green. Under 2 years old, has had light usage only. Selling due to disbanding of my group - I am a bassist and it is a shame to have such a great amplifier sitting in my house like a piece of furniture.

Immaculate condition throughout except for one scuff underneath the front of the speaker cab which cannot be seen during normal use.

The head is a custom model created to best show the natural qualities of the amp itself, so has minimal controls.
The controls are:

Power switch
Standby Switch
Volume
Boost switch
Boost level
Tone
Gain

The boost boosts the gain of the amp, the tone is a treble similar to the tone knob on a guitar.

The 4x10" speaker cab is also a custom variation, with a greater spread of sound than the 2x10" and a punchier tone than the 12" variations.

All in all this is a fantastically toneful and remarkably versatile rock/blues amp suitable for gigging and rehearsing with any serious group.

Trials are welcome by appointment and I can deliver this personally if required - looking for £900 ono. Supplied with new valves and cables.

MJW blurb below.

Thanks
Alan

Roadstar
Available in both 18 and 36 Watt versions, the Roadstar is powered by EL84s, in push-pull class AB, plus 3 ECC83s. This output stage is the choice of players seeking something a bit special, with chimey cleans and a full bodied roar when cranked. At 18 Watts, this amp produces enough volume for small gigs, and when cranked gives natural power stage distortion at sensible volume. The 36 Watt version is more than capable of driving a full stack and filling large venues, and provides more headroom for cleaner sounds. The ultra pure signal path comprises only volume and tone controls for maximum tone, and the TT boost is now standard. Like all MJW amps, the Roadstar uses the highest quality components, including British-made transformers.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='alansanderson' timestamp='1326235110' post='1494406']
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - what do you mean by gutshots? Let me know what photos you need and I will post them.

Cheers
[/quote]

See here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/73929-amp-guts/

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the bumps...

Sorry no gutshots, it's not that easy to get into the wiring. With my track record in taking things apart and getting them back together combined with the big "ELECTRIC SHOCK HAZARD DO NOT OPEN" sign I think I'd better not... here are a few better pics though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76608801@N02/

I'm looking for a quick sale because I'm moving house and the solicitors and surveyors will need paying... so feel free to make me a reasonable offer.

Cheers

• 5 months later...