Why become a member? ×

Octavius: T-Rex & Squeezer. Tasty?

mcnach

Doing my last bit of shopping of the year... A Darkglass BK3 was ordered, and an MXR M82 bass envelope filter.

I may be joining a new project doing some dancey/funky stuff with some heavy guitars thrown in,.. and it reminded me of the issue of octavers.
I have owned several, and was never totally satisfied.
I ended up with a Boss OC2 and a MXR bass octave deluxe. They are nice... but none of them makes me smile...

Looking further, I found the T-Rex Octavius, Octave up and down, works on chords, and seems to have decent tracking, It looks interesting.
At over twice the price, then there is the Octavius Squeezer. It does a lot more than octave, it can generate lots of curious synthy sounds, octave, envelope filter, and can save the presets, It is not a straight tweak a knob and go pedal, but because it can do so much, having presets seems alright. It's not cheap... but, it can so a lot of things and demos sound promising.

I can't really make up my mind...

so I wonder if anybody here has direct experience of these boxes.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1325020936' post='1479240']
If you can get your head around the MIND BENDING interface on the squeezer then it is immense. I could not. There were some awsome sounds in it.
[/quote]

aha, that was one of my fears with this thing :(
I have had my fair share of multiFX and I'm at a stage where I want easy layouts, easily accessible knobs etc... The Squeezer obviously needs to be programmed, but it sounds very good so I'm willing to compromise: it could mean using one box instead of 3-4, and the demos I have heard are top notch. But it's got to be relatively simple. Hmmm, I have to track one locally that I can try in person. Too much money to buy new if I am not sure it's what I want.