Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Tokai Love Rock Bass - beautiful! SOLD!!!!!

rushbo

Heyhey

I'm looking to trade a gorgeous 2000 (ish) Tokai Love Rock LSB45 Bass....
[attachment=95610:LSB45.JPG][attachment=95611:Headstock.JPG][attachment=95612:Body.JPG]

It's in great condition with just the smallest mark on the headstock - there's a greyish square where something (probably my 7 year old) has rubbed it. If you're handy with a permanent marker, you could probably take that out...

The reason it's on here is it's a bit too nice and clean - I'm scared to put a scratch on it - so it sits in the rack, unplayed and unloved. It's been set up recently and plays beautifully - nice and growly with a pick and positively funky fingerstyle.

I'd like to trade/PX it for a Fender P bass - grungy as you like. C'mon, dig out that old Fiesta Red precision with all the dings and chips and swap it for something positively elegant. You don't see many of these around...It's Korean made and is a genuine Tokai.

This beauty just needs to be played!

I'd prefer a trade, but offers around [s]£250[/s] [s]£230 £220 POSTED!![/s] SOLD

Edited by rushbo

Surprised this hasn`t had more interest. A real quirky bass. I had a Gibson Les Paul bass, and it was very good. These Love Rocks are good versions, from what I`ve read, and at a fraction of the price.

Maybe stating the body and neck material may help? Give an idea of the tone of the bass.

Cheers Lozz,

It plays beautifully - fast neck and a lovely action right out of the box. And I think it looks stunning with a beautiful arch top. I've dug around and found a bit more info:
Body: Flamed Sycamore Laminated Top Alder back
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood

here's a link to the only reference I can find in Tokai's archive:
[url="http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai20015.jpg"]http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai20015.jpg[/url]

It's a steal at £230