Why become a member? ×

Best Tablet For Music Sheets ?

MusicLover20015

HIya guys dont know if this belongs in the 'general' section but hey ho lOl

Basically ive been looking around the market for a tablet which is easy and portable. The main usage of my tablet would be to read music sheets in pdf formats or some other well known formats. It would just make life easier rather me lugging around a load of sheet music here and there.

My question is apart from the Ipad 2 or 1 for that matter, is there any other tablets out there that are affordable but will work great as well ?

My budget would be around 150 give or take. Nice size screen and battery life is what im mostly looking into. Maybe a few apps, games here and there ...

Would love for you guys to help me out or give some reccomendations

Thanks

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1324399052' post='1473857']
I know you don't want to hear it but iPad2 all the way for me man.

I've got over 4000 sheets on it, battery life is top notch, especially as you don't need the screen brightness that high.

I've had it since may & it's not let me down yet.

iRealB is great for it again.
[/quote]

What about the ipad 1, have u used that ? Haven't got much saved at the momment lOl

I have to say that the one thing that lets down all the other currently available tablets is the serious lack of kit available for us musicians. If you want to use a tablet for just reading PDFs of notation and maybe use some of the android apps then cool, but Apple have the market for musicians totally stitched up. There are so many peripherals, such as the Apogee Jam, the Digitech effects unit board thingy, and Alesis IO dock that make the iPad way more than just a tablet. I've never been an 'Apple man', but I'm so pleased with the iPad. I teach with it, run my business with it and as you have said, I can even use it for music sheets. IRealB app looks cool, though I haven't got it yet! I've been using GuitarPro for now along with another app I've forgotten the name of! Ha!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1324427243' post='1474252']
I have to say that the one thing that lets down all the other currently available tablets is the serious lack of kit available for us musicians. If you want to use a tablet for just reading PDFs of notation and maybe use some of the android apps then cool, but Apple have the market for musicians totally stitched up. There are so many peripherals, such as the Apogee Jam, the Digitech effects unit board thingy, and Alesis IO dock that make the iPad way more than just a tablet. I've never been an 'Apple man', but I'm so pleased with the iPad. I teach with it, run my business with it and as you have said, I can even use it for music sheets. IRealB app looks cool, though I haven't got it yet! I've been using GuitarPro for now along with another app I've forgotten the name of! Ha!
[/quote]

iRealb is one of the best apps I have used! So incredibly useful when someone says "Do you know Desfinado? I want to do it in Bb" :D

+1 for the ipad 2
As well as iRealb there's Forescore, Goodreader and Medley score reading apps, a bluetooth footswitch for page turning, various free tuners & metronomes etc, Garageband etc with Apogee Jam as mentioned above, a dedicated music stand holder for it, etc, etc, etc !
And the ability to have all your scores in one place - I have pads for different bands, loads of real books, random scores for reading practise, etc...and the score reading apps allow you to edit and annotate your scores - pricey but it really is the best as far as I can tell...