Why become a member? ×

Nate Caplan

hi

i've had a bit of an on off relationship with my bass playing over the years. played in some bands and gigged around essex and london in my late teens and early twenties, but my playing kind of ground to a halt as work and family became more important, and i started having some problems with my health.

i have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, and i have a lot of problems with my wrists. i started playing again late last year, got the old band back together and have played 6 or so gigs this year, and we have just recorded an e.p. too. my health is getting better all the time, and its great to be playing again. i have had to simply things a bit due to the pains in my wrists, but i am hoping that the more i ply and push myself, the better it will get.

So, my band are The Faceless Dolls. I play an Ibanez ergodyne through a trace elliot v type combo amp (the same set up i have had since 1998) and i have just treated myself to a denelctro U2 to write on. my favourite bands/musicians are pearl jam, neil young, jeff buckley, soundgarden, tom petty, the who and i like to dabble with a little punk, ska and metal too. i'm 34 and i look like a fat old harry potter.

i'm hoping that hanging out here will be a good influence on me. i want to improve my playing and maybe get some better gear over the next year.

peace and love

nate

Sounds good! I knew a guy at school who had a 4 string Ergodyne in orange, it looked beautiful but I never got round to playing it.
My favourite bass is my Warwick Corvette $$, which I got from Silddx on here. I've been through a couple though, have a Status S2 and a Fender Aerodyne, but nothing compares to the Warwick!

I've got nothing but praise for warwick, though I've only ever played mine and a thumb (which was amazing). I have an Orange Terror Bass amp, which I got because my lower back was getting a bit sore lugging huge amps around, I'd recommend that too!