Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Yamaha RBX375 (5 String) - SOLD

funkyspuke

Hello BC's

I'm selling my Yahama RBX375 (black 5 string) bass guitar only because I'm getting a brand spanking new 5'er in 2012 :D looking for £180 and that will cover delivery (I was going to put it in a hard case, however the bass I'm getting doesn't come with one ... so it's just going to be a soft case. It will be packed and boxed securely though). It also comes with the Alan Keys to adjust the action and neck. I may also consider trades, depending on what's offered.

[b] RBX 375 Features:[/b][list]
[*]Alder body
[*]Maple neck
[*]Rosewood fingerboard
[*]High-output humbuckers
[*]Pickup blend
[*]2-band active EQ
[/list]
I purchased this only a few months ago as a starter / introduction to 5'ers. I wasn't expecting to get such an active bass for what I paid (£285 from my local guitar shop). it's light weight, easy to play and kicks out more sound and power than my Valenti (so maybe it's a 5 string Valenti I'm getting :P) ... I am 100% confident that had I bought any of the other bass that were on sale at that price, I wouldn't have made the change to 5er's.

I have replaced the hum-bucking pups with some Yamaha modified P bass pups (they are more like jazz pick ups to be honest). I got these from geoffbyrne here on BC and they really make a difference to the sound .. taken it to the next level even!

it's in cracking condition and I has never been gigged .. only used it for a rehearsal and a recording session. there is a circular mark and scratch on the head stock which happened whilst putting on a dodgy batch of DR strings causing me to (somehow) scratch the paint??? but you can't notice this until you are really close up. it's just under the string on the head shot.

anyone who wants to get into 5er's or wants a decent back up bass, then this is for you! I'm based in Bradford if anyone fancies coming along and having a look.

Edited by funkyspuke