Why become a member? ×

Freedom from G.A.S.

Count Bassie

For all you non-believers out there, this is what freedom looks like:

'85 GK 800RB, 2x well-abused TL-606 cabs upgraded with snazzy new Kappalite 3015s. Not sleek or elegant looking, but my bass rig has now become invisible to my tired sensibilities. There's nothing quite so refreshing as... NOTHING!! :D

G.A.S.? Well, I still want a Rickenbacker bass. ;)

Edited by Count Bassie

Appreciation for the comments! Many thanks... and yep- those "Bullet" spiral cables are my favorite! Pretty danged indestructible too. Not too cheep at $35 US or so each, those and the 3015s are the pricier parts of that little stack.

LennyP, 2x 3015s are in fact impressively more potent than one- as long as they're in the same design cabs and linked together. Tons of lows and whatever headroom you have in your amp is realized at that 4 ohms load (each speaker/cab is 8 ohms). I think the number is a 6dB boost from linkage of the two cabs. I think... Bill Fitzmaurice knows the figure on that- but you can hear it, for sure.

Munk, yes, a Ric! It's in my blood, I'm afraid, but it's not a disease. This coming year I hope, if I can gig a whole lot. Gotta believe! And the avatar... I stole it from some other site, can't remember now. Right-click, "Save As..."!

[attachment=95573:IMAG0163_2.jpg]

Also Gas free, after lots of basses and many amps and cabs in the last few years!

This set up has it all, great little stack!

Awesome 5 string custom with emg's, and a one off fretless by schwable !

Edited by patch006