Why become a member? ×

TRADED Fender CIJ '62 Re-Issue Jazz - Shell Pink

P-T-P

I made a wanted post the other suggesting a possible trade of some gear I have and in it I mentioned the possibility of including this bass.

I've had a few people ask about the bass and while I'm not specifically looking to sell or trade it, if something really tempting came along and the deal involved this bass alongside some of the other gear I have for sale (see signature)...

Anyway, it's a Fender CIJ '62 Re-Issue Jazz finished in Shell Pink and I spent a long time waiting to find one of these. For sheer playability, it's probably the best 4 string jazz I've had (and I've had a few, including custom shop jobs). The action is ridiculously low - though I have a light touch so for some it will need a set-up - and the neck is lightning quick.

As you'll see from the pics, it has seen some action and is definitely well worn in. I was never one for the trend of "road-worn" and always tend to want basses that are in good cosmetic shape but these are real scars and there's something quite endearing about it which has won me over.

Pics...

[attachment=95375:IMG_0677.jpg][attachment=95376:IMG_0683.jpg][attachment=95377:IMG_0691.jpg][attachment=95378:IMG_0700.jpg][attachment=95379:IMG_0702.jpg][attachment=95380:IMG_0705.jpg][attachment=95381:IMG_0706.jpg]

Anyway, if you're interested in a trade of some kind, get in touch and we'll see if there's a deal to be had. Not 100% sure what I'd be interested in so open to ideas, even if they're a bit out there. Worst that can happen is we don't have a deal, no harm done.

Additional trade info added a couple of posts down.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='bayles' timestamp='1323994767' post='1469735']
Hi Mate

I dont have anything to trade but if you were "concidering" selling for cash how much might you be asking .
[/quote]

HI, Not looking to sell at this point, will let you know if things change.

Just to clarify on trades...

I'm not looking simply to trade this bass for a different bass. I really like this bass and am quite happy to keep it.

Examples of the kind of trades where I would include this bass...

Your DJ5 for my jazz plus AKG mic and Trace compressor
Your Allen Woody Rumblekat and Markbass NY 121 for my jazz and AKG mic.

Rough idea of kinda things I'm looking for in general...

[list]
[*]Basses - Fender/Lakland/etc Js and Ps, Warwicks, Epiphone Allen Woody, MMan, fretlesses, 6 strings
[*]Amps/Cabs - MarkBass NY121 cab would be great. Could be tempted into some Aguilar DB112 or Ashdown LB112. Any others? Maybe.
[*]Stage/Disco Lighting - colour changers, par cans etc.
[*]Wharfedale Titan 12 PA cabs or similar decent but lightweight passive cabs
[*]Audio interface - just need jack and mic in and stereo out
[*]In-ear monitor system - I have the phones, just need the system really
[/list]
Again though, not looking to just trade/sell this bass on its own so we may need to be creative!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was wondering if you are interested in swapping gear rather than just basses?

I have a SWR 750x head, sans amp rbi and a ampeg SVT 410HLF 4x 10 cab all of which I am wanting to sell in the near future. All in excellant condition.

Any interest in these items at all?

Thanks,

Chris