Why become a member? ×

Snarky Puppy.

M-N-Y

Wondered if any of you had come across this band. They're like a funk big band, quite outstanding musicians. For those of you who think they might like to check them out have a look at this, and keep an eye on the drummer towards the end.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UDYwWqBnd8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UDYwWqBnd8[/url]

Hope you enjoy watching and listening.

Cheers,

Mark.

I bet that was great fun. I think they would sound very different in that context. I must admit part of the charm for me is hearing so many musicians groove strongly and knit together so well. Can't wait to hear the new music they're recording shortly.

Just thought I would warn everyone that I downloaded the Tell Your Friends from Amazon, but the first track "whitecap" is only 1:29 long instead of 8:28! It just cuts off mid-groove! It wasn't even a ballsup with the download, I looked afterwards and they advertise it as 1:29 on the track listing! I would love to complain, but it seems you can only do so if your complaint fits into one of the pre-determined categories.....

[quote name='stonecoldbass' timestamp='1324251571' post='1472334']
I recommend buying the CD from the record company website, ropeadope records. Not only do you get a lovely, Hi Fidelity CD for your cash, but you get a DVD with the making of on it and for $5 you get a cool ass T shirt! Sometimes old school is new school...or something :)
C
[/quote]

Sometimes old school is better, period.